Monday, November 10, 2014

Washington DC Monument Tour

As someone who lives in the DC area, one of my favorite things to do is take visitors to see the national monuments – it never gets old!  With Veteran's Day coming up this week, I thought it would be a good time to share a layout from a recent tour:
  

Want2Scrap and Paper House Productions are teaming up  this month and I am lucky enough to design for both of these fabulous companies.  I love how well their products work together! 

For this layout, I started with a laser cut overlay from Want2Scrap.  The delicate silhouettes of the major monuments run across the bottom:  the Jefferson Memorial, the White House, the Washington Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial.

  
I used the Washington DC Map paper from Paper House behind the overlay.  It is a nice collage of marble, a street map of the district, an eagle image and a large United States flag.  I created a title block in the upper left over the flag image:
 

I built a photo collage across the page and then sprinkled in a mix of 3D and Cardstock stickers from Paper House.  This cardstock sticker was popped up with foam adhesive:  
 

This pair of cardstock stickers was also popped up in front of close up pictures from the Vietnam Veterans and Iwo Jima Memorials. 
 

Just look at the detail in the laser cut images – amazing!  The overlay actually has a silhouette of the Washington Monument, but I decided to cover it up with the 3D sticker version from  Paper House.  
 

Here is another look at the layout I shared last year on Veteran's Day: 

 
I used the same background paper that I used for today's layout, but it looks completely different!  You can check out the details on the original post HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Want2Scrap Products for Washington DC Layout:



Paper House Products:


1 comment:

  1. Awesome layouts and so relevent for this week - a week of rememberence in the UK. 100 years since the start of WW1

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my card.
    x

    ReplyDelete