Friday, December 5, 2014

Scrapping My Wild Child with Want2Scrap and Fancy Pants!

I was out of town this past January when my husband and daughter visited the local ski shop.  Fortunately for me, my husband is well trained, so when my daughter started trying on the wide selection of very different head gear, he snapped plenty of pictures for me!  I pulled them out recently and realized I had to use the Be Different Collection from Fancy Pants Designs as the starting point for this layout:


I am playing along with the November Challenge over at Fancy Pants, so I started with this sketch as inspiration:


Here are a few details:

Library Cards are fabulous for hidden journaling!  I personalized the card with alpha stickers from the Stickers Fundamentals sheet - I love that 4 or 5 different alphas come with each collection pack!  I often mix my alpha colors/fonts, but I kept it clean and simple here:
 
The front of the pocket got a big boost with Nestabling from Want2Scrap!  I added a circular Label Sticker to the front then accented it with some bright and bold bling!  I also added some Baby Bling to the "Fun" ticket embellishment in the upper right of the layout.
 

You can (almost) never have too much bling, so of course I highlighted the title with some Silver Rhinestone Baby Bling.

The "Wild Child" title came from the Ephemera Pack, which also included the super cute "onomatopoeia" tags I used on the layout!  Yes, I got a little lesson from my high schooler today who is learning Japanese.  Apparently she was learning to sing songs with Japanese onomatopoeia and felt the need to share with me...and so I share with you:

*************************************************************************************
on·o·mat·o·poe·ia
ˌänəˌmadəˈpēə,ˌänəˌmädəˈpēə/
noun
  1. the formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named (e.g., cuckoo,sizzle ).
    • the use of onomatopoeia for rhetorical effect.
*************************************************************************************

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Want2Scrap Supplies for Fancy Pants Be Different Layout:

Other Supplies:  Fancy Pants Be Different Collection, Fancy Pants Everyday Circus Library Cards, Fancy Pants Collecting Moments Decorative Bags, Fancy Pants True Friend Ticket Roll, Fancy Pants Memories Captured Cards.

3 comments:

  1. What a FUN page! Fabulous take on the challenge!!
    P.S. Thanks for visiting and taking time to comment on SBAby3L blog - meant so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun layout and sketch! Your daughter is such a cutie!!
    Thanks so much for visiting me today and hopping with the Moxxie Muses!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete