Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Adventure is Easy to Find!

My husband and I like travel and adventure and that is the theme of, and the inspiration for,  the tag I am sharing today!  This time I am using one of the Julie Nutting Mixed Media "boy" stamps by Prima, Aidan.

The starting point was actually this very cool Ship's Compass die from Cheery Lynn, which I cut in black cardstock.  The base of  the tag was cut  from a travel themed paper in the new Quick Quotes collection, Joy Ride.   I love the way they used all the different words and fonts to create a very cool background!  The sticker is from the Baggage Claim collection, also from Quick Quotes.

  I pieced the clothing for "Aidan" with more paper from Quick Quotes.

I added a camera transparency from Maya Road and dressed up the compass by placing a clock face in the center and black rhinestone Baby Bling from Want2Scrap on the compass points.

The quote was stamped on a separate piece of paper that I then inked and distressed.  The word "Journey" is one of the Fancy Chipboard Words from Want2Scrap, which I painted black.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


I am entering this in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #169 - Anything Goes


Supplies:

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag, Susie, I think the compass is a great starting point and I love the clock in the center. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic masculine tag Susie, I love it. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and Good Luck, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie great manly card. That compass is awesome on this card. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Design challenge, Good Luck to you.

    ReplyDelete