Monday, January 19, 2015

Festive Birthday Tag with Die-Namites!

Today is the first day of the Die-Namites Dies Birthday Blog Hop!  All week long we are celebrating the release of 16 brand new Birthday themed dies and I used 2 of those dies to create this festive birthday tag!


Here are the *newly released* dies I used on this project:

 
I started by cutting a tag out of black cardstock.  I centered the Elegant Balloon die on the tag, cut it out and set it aside, saving all of the pieces to use later. I actually wanted to use the "negative space" left behind.

I cut the Elegant Balloon die out of light blue cardstock and inserted it into the negative space, filling in the holes with the pieces of black cardstock I had saved.  I accented the balloon with Iridescent Rhinestones from Want2Scrap.

I cut 2 of the Birthday Celebration dies out of metallic silver cardstock. I set the die cuts aside for later use,  retrieved the little silver stars and then sprinkled them around the tag like sequins!

I also used one of the stars to accent the dress of my paper doll, then I accented the star with another of the self-adhesive Iridescent Rhinestones!  
I cut the Elegant Balloon die a second time out of the light blue cardstock.  I cut off the "balloon strings" and added a second layer of them to the tag. I only adhered them at the top so they would dangle.  
I love the dimension!


I stamped a simple sentiment then adhered the black tag on top of a light blue tag.
A sheer ribbon at the top is the final touch.
 

One more look at the tag - and check out that fun dimension!!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!

Now hop over to the Die-Namites blog today to see a fabulous project by fellow DT member Peggy Lee Baker.  
She created a darling birthday party invitation!

Supplies:
Prima - Julie Nutting Mixed Media Doll Stamp
Metallic duct tape
Cardstock
Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment