Saturday, January 24, 2015

High School Sweethearts

Valentine's Day is just a few weeks away and I was inspired to create a layout about my parents!  They were high school sweethearts and ended up happily married with 9 children!

 
I started with the Beloved Collection from Fancy Pants Designs and added lots of embellishments from my stash. Here are some close ups:  
 
The card sized Chipboard Houses from Want2Scrap are so cute!  I put them in the upper right stting on top of some pieces from the Beloved Button Set and the Label stickers:
 
The blue and white Patterned Envelope is a great background for a Sweetheart Valentine Flash Card from Pretty Little Studio.
I used the Medium Rose die from Cheery Lynn Designs to create this pretty little accent.  The self adhesive pearl in the center is from Want2Scrap, as is the Mardi Gras Border rhinestone piece in the background.
 
I adore the Library Pockets from Fancy Pants!  This one actually came from the Oh Deer! Collection.  I used a die from Heartlfelt Creations to create a lacey red heart to tuck inside.  I added another Pretty Little Studio Flash Card and more from the Fancy Pants Beloved button set.
This paper came with a built in title area!
I dressed it up a bit with another custom die cut flower!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie




Supplies:

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your parents, what a fun couple! Great layout, Susie. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, this is a wonderful page! Love the pretty roses that you've added too! Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great layout! I love the vintage cards you've used and the little cheery Lynn Roses! Thank you for joining Cheery Lynn Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute layout! I just love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete