Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Wintery Ski Layout for Die-Namites

Today am sharing a wintery ski-themed layout I created for Die-Namites Dies.  My husband and I took a mid-week ski day last year and had a wonderful time!  It was a beautiful day and we practically had the slopes to ourselves.  We would ski from the top of the run straight onto the lift!  It was a magical day!

I was inspired by the Die-Namites January Sketch & Dare Challenge!  Here is the sketch designed by DT member Tonya:
  

These are the dies I used on my project:

  

The dare this month is to use the color pink, however, I decided to go with a different color scheme for my ski pictures and I just used the sketch for inspiration.  I had picked up the Cozy Collection from Authentique at the local scrapbook store and couldn't wait to use it! 

You can see that I replaced the 3 roses from the sketch with die cut Winter Fir trees:
I used the Fancy Chipboard Word "Magical" from Want2Scrap for the sentiment.  Instead of using the one big banner indicated on the sketch, I used 3 small banners and shifted them off to the side. I found this trio of small banners on the Cozy Components Cardstock Accents. Perfect!


The sketch shows a doily centered under the cluster of roses. I tucked a Spring Doily die cut behind the pics in the upper right of the layout.  I used all of the elements from Tonya's sketch, I just rearranged them a bit!

To create a "frosty" feeling on the layout I covered the doily and the fir trees with Stardust Stickles and sprinkled rhinestones from Want2Scrap on the background snowflakes.
  

***************************************************************************
So how would you like to play along with our challenge?
Rememeber: This month's dare is to use something PINK! 

  1. Use at least one Die~Namites Die in your creation.
  2. Use the SKETCH! It can be interpreted (loosely or exactly) as a card, layout or altered piece!
  3. Incorporate the DARE into your creation.  This month you must use PINK.
  4. Mention the Die~Namites Die you used in your blog post.
  5. Link back to the Die~Namites Die.
  6. You have until the last day of the month to post your creation on your blog and link up to this post.  **PLEASE add a link to your direct post, not your entire blog.**

  7. Each participant will receive one entry into our random drawing
    for each entry into the challenge. 
 A random winner will be chosen from eligible participants for a
$25 Gift Certificate to Die~Namites Dies.
****************************************************************************
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


Supplies:
Stardust Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment