Sunday, February 8, 2015

Winter Canvas Trio - Part 1


Today I am sharing a set of canvases I created featuring my daughter, a winter theme and lots of die cuts!
It was created for a contest sponsored by Spellbinders, and while I did not win, they very generously gifted me with one of their machines, an Aritisan X-plorer!   It is actually a set of (3) 6"x6" canvases.   I am going to break this up into 3 posts, featuring one of the canvases each day.  So let's get started!
Click on any picture in this post to enlarge the image.
The papers I worked with are from the Winterland Collection from Moxxie.  I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the canvas and applied a top coat.

I brushed on some acrylic paint in a coordinating shade of purple.  I used a Christmas themed stencil from Red Lead, white ink, and holographic embossing powder to add the words:
 

I threaded glass beads and a silver snowflake charm on a 7 Gypsies Vintage pin and attached it to the canvas.

Next I cut my daughter out of a picture and adhered her to canvas with Mod Podge.

I used a Create A Flake die from Spellbinders to cut a stencil from cardboard.

I mixed some glitter in with  modeling paste and applied it through the stencil.

Here's a close up of the snowflake:

Next I used these dies to cut and emboss cardstock.

I applied modeling paste through the stencil.

Here's a close up of the finished die cuts:

Take another look at the bottom left corner.  I wanted to point out that I added a bit of washi tape.  It is one of my favorite go-to embellishments, adding a bit of visual interest without adding bulk.

From this angle you can see I also used it around the canvas to tidy up the edges.

In my next post I will share the details on the second canvas.  
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies:
  • Moxxie Winterland paper
  • Spellbinders Create A Flake die set
  • Spellbinders Girlie Grunge Labels die set
  • Spellbinders Snapshot die set
  • Red Lead Christmas Stencil
  • Mod Podge - Matte
  • 6"x6" Canvas
  • Modeling Paste
  • Washi Tape (from Target)
  • Glittter
  • 7 Gypsies Vintage pin
  • Beads and snowflake charm
  • Paint, ink, embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment