Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Winter Canvas Trio - Part 3

Welcome back!
On Sunday and Monday of this week I shared the "how to" details on the first 2 canvases in this set.   .

Today we are finishing things up with canvas #3!

 Using Mod Podge, I adhered a piece of paper from Moxxie's Winterland collection to a 6"x6" canvas.
Click on any picture in this post to enlarge the image.
I used the largest die in Spellbinders' Floral Ovals set to cut and emboss white cardstock.  I then laid one of Spellbinders' Classic Ovals on top of the die cut and used my craft knife to cut along the inside oval edge and remove the center, creating a frame.

I used a stencil to add a sentiment directly onto the canvas.

I positioned the frame so it extended out over the edge and layered on a trimmed out photo of my daughter.

I used another stencil to add some color in the bottom left corner of the canvas.

I decided I wanted to add the same dark blue ink color to the frame I created so I taped the Classic Oval die back in place and inked the decorative outside edge. By using the oval die as a stencil, I protected the inner edge of the frame and left it a nice, bright white!

I cut, embossed and stenciled a snowflake from silver glitter paper using a die from Spellbinders Create A Flake Four.

In the picture below, you can see the crisp white inner edge of the frame.  Before I adhered the snowflake I used a piece of washi tape to add a little visual texture.  I topped the snowflake with a self adhesive Baby Blue Rhinestone fromWant2Scrap.

Here's another look at the finished canvas.
This is one of my favorite projects ever and it really was not complicated.  I hope you give canvases a try!  Thanks for stopping by and make sure you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies:

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So many awesome details!! Gorgeous work Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your canvases look a wonderful keepsake set. Great backgrounds.
    Have a lovely weekend, Julie x

    ReplyDelete