Thursday, March 12, 2015

Irish Eyes with Want2Scrap and Authentique

My daughter is really proud of her Irish heritage AND her green eyes so she absolutely loves to dress up for St. Patrick's Day!   I reached for the Lucky Collection from Authentique and Green Rhinestone Bling from Want2Scrap to document her fashion choices!

I actually started by stenciling a design on white cardstock using 2 different colors of ink, Peeled Paint and Mowed Grass Distress Inks from Ranger.  The Amiens 6x6 stencil I used is part of the Cathedral Collection from artistcellar.
I really love the Lucky Four piece of paper from Authentique.  It looks like it has a delicately stitched swirly shamrock pattern all over a vibrant green background.  I used a semi-circle of the stenciled image and adhered it along the left side of the page.
One side of the Lucky Six paper has a nice set of cards that are easily trimmed out for fans of the Project Life pocket style of scrapbooking.  This little Leprechaun caught my eye so I trimmed out the signs...
...and added them to the top of the layout.  The stenciled design serves as a nice background for the title. Want2Scrap has 72 count rhinestone bling in several colors.  The gems in each pack come in a mix of 3 different sizes: 8mm, 6mm and 3mm.  I chose Light Green and used the tiny rhinestones to accent the edge of the stenciled design and placed an 8mm right in the center.
.
I started this final embellishment cluster by trimming out the Irish postage stamp and the banner from the Lucky Two paper:

Happy St. Patrick's Day and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Products for St. Patrick's Day Layout:


2 comments:

  1. What a fun page! I LOVE your stenciling. Mary Claire is so beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic funky scrapbook page and your daughter is so like you.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete