Sunday, March 1, 2015

Life is Good - Dive In! Tag

I am a scuba diver so I was very drawn to the Seahorse Family die set from Cheery Lynn Designs that is the centerpiece of this mixed media tag!  It was created with a mix of dies, stencils, inks and embossing powders.
 The first step was to use the Ship's Compass die cut as a mask as I colored the tag with Distress Inks.

Next I used a fish stencil from Red Lead.  I applied VersaMark through the stencil and then heat embossed with Spiced Marmalade Embossing Powder.  I inked through the stencil a second time and then heat embossed with Polysparkle embossing powder - perfect color and shimmer!


I ended up using a black ink pen to sketch in the details of the Ship's Compass to balance the layout of the tag.  The title was stamped - the sub title was stamped and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  
  

The Seahorse Family was fun to work with.  I cut it first in cardboard to provide a stable base.  Then I cut it in cardstock, which I colored with Distress Inks, before I layered them together.  I heat embossed a couple of layers of clear embossing powder to give both of the seahorses dimension. 

I used the Cheery Lynn Tropical Flourish die to create a kelp bed out of green cardstock.  I cut the anchor out of metallic duct tape using an Anchor die from Couture Creations and added a silver chain that connects to the top of the card - I love all the dimension! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies:

1 comment:

  1. Super cool tag! I love the embossing and stenciling!

    ReplyDelete