Sunday, March 22, 2015

Under the Hood with Love My Tapes!

My husband worked his way through college installing batteries at a local Sears garage and he saved us so much money over the years with the skills he picked up there!  I am happy to say he is passing his knowledge on to the next generation!  I snapped these pictures of my husband and son doing some basic car maintenance.

I created this layout for Love My Tapes and you can find the washi tape I used on this layout in the Love My Tapes Etsy store:

 I knew I wanted to create something really grungy and the paint splattered design on the tape was perfect!  The color of the tape also matched my son's jacket in the photos.  The paper I used on this layout are from Authentique's new Durable Collection.
Since the guys were working on the car it was natural to want to add some gears, right?  I pulled out this stencil from The Crafter's WorkshopVersamark ink and went to town!  I used clear embossing powder to heat emboss the page.  When I added ink, the embossed portion resisted the ink so the gear image shows up beautifully!
I used the same ink to add a little distressing to my washi tape because the white on it was just a tiny bit too bright.
Next I added some Chipboard Gears from Want2Scrap.  I used Copper embossing powder on them to make them look like metal.  You can see I actually cut the largest one in half and tucked it behind the photo on opposite sides of the layout.
Here you can see the dimension I got from layering the chipboard gears over the heat embossed gears:
The washi tape also coordinated with the papers from Authentique.  I created a photo mat by layering and distressing a couple different papers from the Durable Collection.
I added a wood veneer car (below) from my stash.  I also added some copper colored brads to the center of these Want2Scrap chipboard gears:
Can you believe I had a miniature metal wrench in my stash?!  How perfect is that?  Again, I love the way the stenciled gears give the layout so much dimension!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Products:

2 comments:

  1. Great page, Susie! What a nice back story too :) Love AP papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this ... all the layers are so cool ... love all the grungy goodness !!

    ReplyDelete