Thursday, April 30, 2015

Greetings from the USS Trutta!

Today I am sharing a layout I created with pictures from my father's time in Guam in 1945.  He served on the USS Trutta during WWII.

The photos are all black and white so I added some pops of color with my favorite new embellishment from Paper House - SnapShot stickers! The tropical beach and compass on a map really help set the scene.

The sun is from the new Cork'd stickers by Paper House and it really brightens up the layout.  I used another SnapShot sticker- this one with a camera - to highlight these photos he had taken of a native of Guam and another of his submarine buddies.

I also added some color with a couple of strategically positioned strips of washi tape:

Paper House also has some wonderful 3D stickers - I used a palm tree and a set of dog tags right smack in the center of the photo collage!

And there is my dad - my hero!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope  you find some time to play today!  Susie

Paper House Supplies for  WWII Navy Layout:

·         Paper House Endless Summer Paper Pad
·         Paper House Endless Summer Snapshot Sticker
·         Paper House Explore Snapshot Sticker
·         Paper House Sunshine Cork Sticker
·         Paper House Owls Cork Sticker
·         Paper House Military Life 3D Sticker
·         Paper House Florida 3D sticker

Other Supplies:
·         Love My Tapes washi tape
·          Alpha stickers, tags

1 comment:

  1. Awesome page! I love the old photo and the colorful tags!

    ReplyDelete