Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Seaside with Love My Tapes and Authentique

Today I am sharing a beach themed layout I created for Love My Tapes featuring the *new* Seaside Collection from Authentique. I recently won this collection from the Authentique Facebook page and could not wait to play with my prize!

I used this vibrant red and white washi tape, which you can find in the Love My Tapes Etsy store:

I started the layout by stenciling on white cardstock.  I wanted to match the rope net design in this paper and was happy to discover the Mini Fence Frame stencil from The Crafter's Workshop.  Pretty good match, right?
I added layers of patterned paper and bits of the red and white washi tape...

...carefully positioning it so that it peeked out from beneath the layers, creating subtle dimension and strong accents.

Below you can see that I applied the washi tape to white cardstock and trimmed it out to add a *pop* to the strip journaling:  the Seaside Collection contains some great mini word stickers!  I absolutely had to use these cute little wooden sailboats from my stash!

You can see another flash of that washi tape peeking out here at the bottom of the layout.  The orange-y red is a perfect match for the colors in the paper line and my son's swim trunks!

To create a title, I mixed a Fancy Chipbboard Word from Want2Scrap with a sticker alpha from Authentique... 

...and then sprinkled Navy Blue Rhinestones in the "nets" I created with the stencils.
Finally, I created a custom embellishment with a Spellbinders die - cutting, embossing and stenciling this cute crab.  I just adore the detail on this little guy!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies for Seaside Beach Layout:

2 comments:

  1. Super cute page! I love the little crab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful creation! Love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete