I started the layout by stenciling on white cardstock. I wanted to match the rope net design in this paper and was happy to discover the Mini Fence Frame stencil from The Crafter's Workshop. Pretty good match, right?
...carefully positioning it so that it peeked out from beneath the layers, creating subtle dimension and strong accents.
Below you can see that I applied the washi tape to white cardstock and trimmed it out to add a *pop* to the strip journaling: the Seaside Collection contains some great mini word stickers! I absolutely had to use these cute little wooden sailboats from my stash!
You can see another flash of that washi tape peeking out here at the bottom of the layout. The orange-y red is a perfect match for the colors in the paper line and my son's swim trunks!
To create a title, I mixed a Fancy Chipbboard Word from Want2Scrap with a sticker alpha from Authentique...
...and then sprinkled Navy Blue Rhinestones in the "nets" I created with the stencils.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie
Supplies for Seaside Beach Layout:
- Love My Tapes Red and White Washi Tape
- Want2Scrap Fancy Chipboard Word, Summertime, small
- Want2Scrap 72 Count Navy Blue Rhinestones - self adhesive
- Spellbinders die IN-040 Crabby
- Authentique Seaside collection
- The Crafter's Workshop TCW263s Mini Fence Frame
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Stormy Sky