Monday, May 25, 2015

Join the Navy Layout

I have wanted to create a layout with my dad's official Navy portrait for a while, but I had to wait until I found the right mix of papers and embellishments.

This US Navy logo is from Want2Scrap and is the perfect title element.  The laser cut top layer sits on top of an etched gold metallic bottom layer.  It is gorgeous!

The red, white and blue color scheme of the Seaside Collection from Authentique was perfect for this  layout.  The American flag and the cork arrow are stickers from Paper House.  I added some Sleek Strip Rhinestones in red from Want2Scrap.

I fussy cut a strip of anchors and another of ships from paper in the Seaside 8" paper pad then popped up a few bits from the cardstock accents sheet.  I created a nice embellishment cluster by adding more red rhinestones, a cork anchor and some washi tape.

I always like to personalize my layouts with custom embellishments.  I used the Spellbinders Around the World die set to create the miniature earth, stenciling through the die with coordinating ink.
I used another Spellbinder die, Fleur Essence, to create a nice sub-title area by cutting and embossing red cardstock.  Another Navy 3D sticker from Paper House is the finishing touch!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you find some time to play!  Susie

Supplies for US Navy Layout:

No comments:

Post a Comment