Friday, May 29, 2015

Wrestling with ColorWays

Today I am sharing a wrestling layout I created for Paper House using the new ColorWays collections.  I combined elements from the Noir and Sapphire lines with an easy mixed media technique and I really love the results!

Probably my favorite piece from the Noir Collection is the Stencil Grit paper.  The distressed numbers are just cool!  I wanted to use it as the background for this sports page but I thought there was too much contrast.   By simply watering down some gesso and dry brushing it over the paper I was able to mute the design and create a softer background.  Here you can see the difference:

I adore the rub on transfers from the ColorWays lines!  Rub-Ons are very popular in mixed media and the sets from Paper House contain a nice selection of graphics, words and phrases.  I used my primary photo as the background and added a mix of rub ons to create a wonderful graphic element on the layout.

Paper House has a wonderful setof 3D Wrestling stickers.  I chose some pieces from the ColorWays Sapphire Collection to coordinate with the blue on the stickers.  They were slipped behind the photos as photo mats. I also added another rub on to the photo below - the white on white adds subtle visual interest!

The Noir Accent Pack is a collection of 42 eclectic pieces to mix and match.  Many of the pieces have metallic foil, like the card I used below.  (Any day of wrestling is a pretty good day!)  I also used a few pieces of washi from my stash - and the 4 white diamonds are more rub-ons!

Finally, here's a banner detail created with a piece from the wrestling stickers and some chevrons trimmed out of paper from the Sapphire collection.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!
~ Susie

Paper House Supplies for ColorWays Wrestling Layout:


Other:  Washi Tape, cardstock, gesso, tag, ink, twine

1 comment:

  1. Great page! I love the pop of color from the stickers!

    ReplyDelete