I was thrilled to receive the Tudor Rose Collection and Sentiments 7 from the Spellbinders® Shapeabilities® collection of dies to work with:
- Apply green ink to the Thinking of You die before cutting and embossing on white cardstock. (I used washi tape to keep the die from shifting!) Lightly ink edges and set aside.
- To create a leaf element for all of the flowers, cut and emboss Flower 6 in a lightweight green paper. It needs to be lightweight because it is going to be manipulated and you don’t want it to crease or tear. Distress with light brown ink and set aside.
- Cut and emboss Intricate Flower 2 (8) times in black cardstock and (8) times in a variety of colored cardstock and distress with light brown ink . I used red, blue and yellow to coordinate with my floral paper. Using scissors trim out the flower center of only the colored flowers.
- Adhere to the center of the black flowers. Assemble flowers by inserting green leaf element through the openings in the black die cut flowers. Embellish each flower with a piece of Want2Scrap silver rhinestone Baby Bling.
- Using the large Intricate Flower from the Tudor Rose Collection die set, cut and emboss black cardstock twice creating (2) small doilies. Overlap these approximately ¼”, adhering a leaf element in the center. Assemble the large flower with dimensional foam adhesive and add to center of black doilies.
To create the layout:
- Center and adhere 11.5” square of white cardstock on top of 12” black cardstock. Create stenciled background with brown and green ink.
- Apply a coat of gesso to the cover of the W2S Retro Corrugated Album. Center on page on top of 5.5” x7.5” floral paper.
- Add 5”x7” green designer paper on top. Add burlap ribbon and washi tape and photo.
- Add 3” section of chipboard fence on top of burlap on the right side of photo. Add small flowers and sentiment.
- Add large flower assemblage to left of photo. Add strip journaling.
- Cut and emboss large banner in black cardstock. Using the die as a stencil, add detail with chalk. Position banner on layout and adhere Fancy Chipboard Word, Always, on top.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie
- Fences by Nina Brackett - Chipboard Embellishment
- Fancy Chipboard Word, small - Always
- Retro Corrugated Album
- Baby Bling Rhinestones Silver - 100 count
Spellbinders Paper Arts: