Monday, June 15, 2015

Tool Time with Paper House

My father opened a cabinet making shop after he retired from the USAF.  When he left for work each morning he would say he was going to go "make sawdust."  With Father's Day coming up this weekend he is definitely on my mind.  It got me to thinking about the next generation of woodworkers and I wanted to share a layout from one of those simple Father-Daughter moments we experienced at my house this year:  power tool time!
I started the layout with this really cool background paper from Paper House. It looks like a grungy, coffee stained blueprint rolled out on a table complete with scattered screws and nails!
I played around with photo placement, creating a simple collage by overlapping the pictures and then added in the faux wood alpha stickers for the title.  Paper House has a wonderful set of Handyman 3D Stickers and they provided the perfect accents for these pictures of my daughter learning how to use a circular saw.  See the "Under Construction" sticker just above the title?  I love the "pop" of red!
I used more of the 3D stickers to create a border under the pictures...
...and could not resist including the measuring tape 3D sticker above this close up of my daughter.  "Measure twice, cut once" is something my father always told me! That cute little chipboard house is from Want2Scrap.
Really a super simple layout to pull together thanks to the detailed background paper and 3D stickers from Paper House.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!

Supplies for Making Sawdust Layout:

1 comment: