Friday, July 24, 2015

Makin' Waves with Paper House Summer Blog Hop

Today I am joining in on the Paper House Summer Blog Hop!

I love the Endless Summer Paper Pad from Paper House!  It has 24 double sided pages that are a nice mix of photos and graphic art.  As I flipped through the pad I chose this paper for the background because the color was a good match for the photos I wanted to scrap.  The Gulf of Mexico definitely had a greenish hue that day and the grey-blue of the sky was echoed in the artwork on the paper.
The first thing I did was to use a craft knife to fussy cut around the wave and banner in the lower left corner so I could slip a matted photo underneath.  I also created an embellishment cluster on top of the artwork using a Diecut sticker, a Cork sticker and a Snapshot sticker.

I created another embellishment cluster next to this photo by layering (2) stickers from the Nautical Stickers and adding a shorebird from the At The Shore Snapshot Sticker Pack.

I “popped” up this sign from the Serene Beach Diecut Sticker Pack to add a little dimension to the layout.  The cork starfish also brings in some texture.

The finishing touch was this Snapshot sticker with the sand dollar image.  I love the little word tag clipped onto the corner!

If you haven't seen all the summer themed projects the DT shared this week on the Paper House Blog be sure to stop in and take a peek!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Beach Layout Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment