Friday, July 3, 2015

US Air Force Layout

Today I am sharing a layout with a patriotic feel - just in time for the 4th of July!  I used the Freedom Collection from Authentic Papers and Want2Scrap bling to create a layout celebrating my father's service in the US Air Force.

One of the papers in the collection is a cut apart of these really cool vintage cards.  I rounded the corners and created a collage in the center of the page.

I love to add bling to my layouts but I also wanted to preserve the shabby vintage feel so I used a very light hand...
...just adding a tiny 3mm piece of red or blue self adhesive rhinestone...
...in a few places to accent the graphics.  The 72 Count packs of bling from Want2Scrap have 8mm, 6mm and 3mm gems.  I used the smallest size on today's layout.
Only the background paper is a full sized 12" page from the Freedom Collection.  The rest of the papers I used came from a 6"x6" paper pad.  The paper pad had a really cool "bonus" tag printed on the inside of the cover.  I trimmed it out and included it along with some stickers from the collection.

I chose some coordinating cardstock and die cut USAF and my father's name and added them to the layout along with some fun little bits of washi tape with red stars.  I still need to add the date on the bottom sticker because I am not sure when this photo was taken.
Finally I added a tag behind my dad's picture for some hidden journaling.  I created a paper ribbon by trimming out a strip from another 12" page in the collection.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies for US Air Force Layout:


No comments:

Post a Comment