Friday, August 14, 2015

Wrestling Life with Paper House

Today I am sharing a Wrestling layout featuring my favorite go-to collection for sports layouts:  the Noir Colorways Collection from Paper House Productions.  

My boys were both wrestlers and the grungy feel of the papers is perfect because it reminds me of the endless weekends we spent in stinky gyms waiting for matches!
The use of metallics in scrapbooking is a trend that I absolutely adore!  I loved adding gold metallic touches to my layout using the Amazing Life Rub On Transfers.  The pack has a mix of phrases and design elements that create nice little accents when scattered across the page. 

I think of this particular Rub On as the title of the page.  During the season, wrestling really is “the life”, demanding a huge commitment of time. 
 

The Rub Ons transfer just as well on photos as they do on paper.  
Here I created an embellishment cluster by mixing in die cuts from the Noir Accent Pack.  I cut the film strip out of the Trimmings 12” Scrapbook Paper,  layered on a rub on, then finished things off with a single rhinestone from Want2Scrap Baby Bling!

I went through my stash and found this really cute gold metallic washi tape from Little B. With arrows and the word “love” they really coordinate perfectly.

You can see below that I added another bit of gilt to the layout by swiping the edges of the black photo mats with gold ink:
Finally, I matted one of the photos with gold paper before tucking a tag behind it for hidden journaling. Done!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies:
·         Paper House Noir Accent Pack
·         Little B Specialty Gold Foil Tape:  Arrows, Love
·         Tsukineko Delicata Gold Glitz Ink



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the mix of prints and this page layout. Awesome work Susie! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana! I really love the Noir Collection for my sports layouts. AND my now 22 year old son even likes this layout! SCORE!

      Delete