Saturday, September 5, 2015

School Days Field Trip with Paper House

This weekend I am participating in a School Days Blog Hop with Paper House Productions!  They challenged the Design Team to come up with our best school- or kids-themed projects using Paper House products.  To celebrate the hop, Paper House is giving away a $50 Gift Card! Look for the details at the end of this post.

I decided to do a layout about one of my daughter's many school field trips.  Living in Virginia we have access to some wonderful Civil War sites.  Fortunately for me, Paper House has a Civil War Collection with great background papers and cardstock stickers!

On this particular day, her 4th grade class had a fun and educational trip to Harpers Ferry in West Virginia.


At one point in the program, the kids were given the identity of a real Union soldier...


...they donned a uniform hat and made the "Oath of Muster"...

...before learning to drill with wooden guns cut outof pine!
Supplies:

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  You can find all the other blogs with the links below.  Enjoy the rest of the hop!
~ Susie


School Days Blog Hop Designers
Susie Bentz (you are here!)
Make sure to hop through each designer on the list and leave a comment on their blog post to be eligible! When you're done, just hop back to Paper House and let them know! The hop will be running all weekend, so you have until Sunday at 11:59pm EST to get your entries in! Happy Hopping!

42 comments:

  1. Lovely layout with Paper House Productions, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie-Christine! I love working with Paper House products!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful field trip layout! Super special. A treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen! I ordered the Civil War Collection specifically to do this layout!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful layout! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hop hop!!! it is very funny.thank you
    i love it Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. great use of the paper. I always have a hard time with that type of paper. Now I have a new idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeaness. I love creating little collages that still reveal the themed paper.

      Delete
  6. Those are great pictures and love the way you used the specialty supplies to match them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmela - Paper House has something for just about any occasion!

      Delete
  7. This is such an awesome layout!
    I can't believe PH has Civil War papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! I believe they also have one for The Confederacy, and a couple of collage pages that make me think of Gettysburg for some reason.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks - it was really fast, too! PH stickers makes it easy!

      Delete
  9. Wow, amazing details on this page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah - the details are what makes it fun!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you - I almost miss the days of chaperoning the school field trips! My daughter is a senior in high school now!!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you Laura - I love to use a lot of pictures and find that collages work well for this kind of project. Enough of the background paper shows andI love the selection of stickers!

      Delete
  12. amazing page.. great design.. and fab photos on the perfect themed paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love everything about this page. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen. That shot of my daughter in the hat has been a favorite for a long time so I was really happy to find the PH Civil War Collection!

      Delete
  14. Beautiful design and perfect papers for those photos! I used to live near Harpers
    Ferry.....very interesting area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! What I didn't share on the layout is that there were swarms of flies there that day! It was so bad that my daughter ended up going inside one of the exhibits to get away from them! :) I think the next time I go back it willbe in the fall when there is a chill in the air and way fewer flies!

      Delete
  15. Love all the photos and wonderful embellies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean - I like the pics to tell the story! The stickers are just plain fun!

      Delete
  16. What a fun school trip and loved the layout. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dottie! It took me way too long to get around to scrapping it. Fortunately it was fast and easy with the right products!

      Delete
  17. Very unique, Didn't know they made these papers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Julia! I was suprised to find them, too. They also have some interesting papers and stickers for WWII!

      Delete
  18. this is a wonderful layout. Your detail work is awesome

    ReplyDelete