Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Trick or Treat with Want2Scrap!

Welcome back for Day 3 of my Halloween Inspiration Week!  Halloween is very popular at my house and over the years I have taken a ton of pictures!  I recently decided to do some catching up and this week I will be sharing something every day!
************************************************************************
Want2Scrap has a nice selection of Halloween themed products to choose from, including the Trick or Treat overlay I used for this page.  I used it to scrap pictures and tell the story of my daughter's very first Halloween!

My daughter was not quite a year old at Halloween and made the cutest little pumpkin!  The boys decided to be Spiderman and Casper the Friendly Ghost.  Everything was going along so well until my oldest put on his Casper face/head/mask for pictures.  My daughter was suddenly terrified and burst into tears!  It took a little doing - and mommy had to hold her - but they made friends again just in time to go trick or treating!

Starting with an overlay always saves so much time!  One of the best things about it is that they include a built in title.  I replaced the background paper with a Halloween paper from my stash and then started to play with the placement of my photos.  Nothing really seemed to work so I decided to alter the title area.
I clipped the laser cut words apart and arranged them on my page.  I matted my photos with black cardstock before adhereing them and then added some really cute vintage die cuts from Pretty Little Studio!
Probably my favorite part of this overlay is the parade of laser cut costumed children across the bottom of the page!
I love all the delicate details!  Check out the faces on those jack-o-lantern pails and the really spooky tree!
Please come back tomorrow - I have a completely different layout using this same overlay!
****************************************************************************
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Suse

Supplies for Trick or Treat layout:

No comments:

Post a Comment