Friday, October 2, 2015

Want2Scrap and Spellbinders Whimsical Woodland Blog Fest

Today I am sharing a layout I created for Spellbinders' Whimsical Woodland Blog Fest featuring one of the dies in the new Woodland Collection.  I am one of the designers representing Want2Scrap and I had a lot of fun creating this spooky little page!

These are the dies I was sent to play with:
The first thing I did was to cut, emboss and stencil a set of the trees. I used papers from a 6" paper pad in Authentique Papers spooky new Moonlit Collection.  I love the smaller scaled patterns for projects like this.
The base of the layout is the Spider Web Outline 12" Overlay  from Want2Scrap.  I changed out the plain background paper with some great themed paper, also from the Moonlit Collection.
Once the Woodland trees were in place, I created a mini collage of photos in the center and started to embellish!  I used the Labels One Nestabilities set to die cut, emboss and stencil a vintage Halloween image and then centered it on die cut and embossed black cardstock.

I had lots of fun layering my embellishments. The cute little orange arrow with the heart is from the Shoot! die set.   I don't know if you can see the tiny spider in the corner of the title tag, but I added a piece of black rhinestone bling to make him dimensional!

I actually sprinkled lots of black rhinestone bling around the page:


I decided to really accent the spider web in the lower right hand corner with Sleek Strip Black Rhinestones.  I cut the strips to size and placed them along the lines of webbing that radiated from the 8mm rhinestone in the center.  I love it!

Be sure to visit the Want2Scrap blog today to see the cute project created by my fellow designer, Candy Slabaugh using another new die from Spellbinders!

 Supplies:

1 comment:

  1. Spooktacular page! I love the patterned paper trees and the bling you added to the spider web!

    ReplyDelete