Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hocus Pocus Halloween!

Halloween may be over but I still have one more layout to share!

Today I am working with one 4x6 horizontal photo - probably the most common format.

I worked with the Hocus Pocus Collection from Echo Park for this page.  To start with, I created a background with a combination of paper and washi tape.  The skull and crossbones tape is from my stash.  The tiny black and white stripe tape is from Little B and is only 3mm wide!  The combination provides a nice border at the top and bottom of the page.  The paper collection has a sticker sheet with an alpha and several die cut elements.  I used foam tape to pop up one of the labels on top of my border.
  
I added another die cut sticker under the photo then decided to create a die cut element of my own! I used the Labels die set from Little B to cut and pierce the witch.  I removed the cutting die and used the  piercing die to lightly stencil along the inner edge.  I used a much heavier application of ink along the outer edge.
Little B has a die set that cuts a variety of Halloween Phrases.  I used one of the dies to cut the title out of black cardstock, then underlined it with another strip of the 3mm washi tape.

I used Glossy Accents to add dimension to a couple of elements on the page. The spider web in the center of the flower above, the bottle of ghost tears...

...and  in the center of this pretty frame, which I also embellished with Want2Scrap bling!

The banner in the upper right comes straight off the sticker sheet!  I added Black Rhinestone Baby Bling from Want2Scrap at the junction of each pennant.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Materials for Halloween Layout:

No comments:

Post a Comment