Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Art Canvas with Quick Quotes

Today I am sharing an art themed canvas I created using PowderPuff Chalking Inks from Quick Quotes!

I used the Dragonfly Fantasy stencil from Rebecca Baer.  I started by using washi tape to adhere the stencil to a 5"x7" canvas panel.
I lightly applied Seabrook PowderPuff Chalking Ink through the stencil.
There was a circular design in the stencil that I had masked off.  I applied Lemon Sorbet, then added Desert Sun on top of that.
I continued to blend Desert Sun across the stencil, into the areas I had previously inked with Seabrook.  I really like the greens it brought out!
I masked off the circular part of the stencil and moved it around the canvas...
...lightly inking with Desert Sun in a few places.
I masked off the area around the dragonfly wings and applied Aqua, blending in just a touch of Brandywine in the center of the wings.
I replaced the stencil and used a permanent black ink pen to trace the body of the dragonfly onto the canvas.  I used a fine tip marker to color in the body and the wings.
I used stamps from my stash and permanent black ink to add some inspirational  quotes.
I finished off the canvas by lightly brushing across the surface of the canvas with Desert Sun before inking all around the edge with Navy. Here's a look at the finished canvas:


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes supplies:

Other supplies:

2 comments:

  1. Love this Susie, beautiful design and colours. I am now following too :)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete