Thursday, April 21, 2016

Mix It Up with Quick Quotes

Today I am going to share a layout I created for a design team assignment from Quick Quotes.  They specifically asked us to "mix it up" or play around and come up with a project that uses more than one of their collections.  I chose elements from 2 different Collections:  Farmhouse and Anchors Aweigh and I just love the way this layout turned out!

I started the layout by using the Anchors Aweigh 105 chevron print paper for the background. For the title area, I die cut the navy blue Anchors Away 107 to create the "Sunday" tab.  I used Sunset PowderPuff Chalking Ink and clear embossing powder to alter some chipboard letters from my stash to finish it off.  I love how easy it is to create coordinating embellishments using the Chalking Inks from Quick Quotes!

Next I added in a couple of pieces from the Farmhouse collection, including the beautiful floral print on Farmhouse 100. You can see in the picture above how I used a craft knife to fussy cut the flower so I could slip my photo underneath.

I also die cut a decorative frame from Farmhouse 102.  I cut the frame apart and just used a couple of corner pieces to add a delicate accent.  I arranged my photo collage and sprinkled in a couple of die cut stickers.

I also added a piece of rhinestone bling to those corner pieces!

The colors of these 2 collections work so well together!  I hope you will try "mixing it up" yourself!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Products:

No comments:

Post a Comment