I applied Faber Castell Whipped Spackle through the middle of the stencil, allowing the application to fade away along the edges. I moved the stencil to the opposite edge and repeated the process...
I pulled out my inks and blended blues and greens over and around the stenciled area.
I spritzed a couple shades of Glimmer Mist across the layout to add a little shimmer and shine.
I placed the stencil back on top of the design at this point and used a paint brush to apply Liquid Adhesive through some of the swirls in the stencil. After a couple of hours it had dried to a tacky finish and I applied 2 different colors of Deco Foil, burnishing with my fingertips.
I love how the foil reveals the gorgeous details from the stencil! At this point I added my photos and the title. The finishing touch was a sprinkling of green, turquoise and irridescent rhinestones in 3 different sizes.
Materials for Mixed Media Manatee Layout:
- Rebecca Baer Designs ST-619 Mosaic stencil, small
- Want2Scrap 72 Count Turquoise, Light Green, Irridescent Rhinestones
- Therm O Web iCraft Liquid Adhesive and Deco Foil - Lime, Aqua
- Faber Castell Whipped Spackle
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Dragonfly, Trunk Bay
- Moxxie Alpha Stickers, black
- Inks, cardstock, tag