Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Playing with Puddles!

Today you will find me playing with puddles!  I have another rain themed mixed media canvas to share today featuring Want2Scrap bling!

I started my canvas with an Ultramarine Blue Color Burst watercolor background. I simply sprinkled on some of the color crystals, spritzed with water, and then tilted the canvas around until I was happy with the look.  I actually dried the canvas with my heat gun and then added another layer of the same color on top. That is what yielded the stronger concentrations of color.  It really could not be easier to create with Color Bursts!

The cute little umbrella image is from the Sparkle N Sprinkle Splish Splash stamp set.  I heat embossed the image with Black Opaque Embossing Powder.

Next I wanted to try something a little different.  I used clear embossing powder and stamped the "Splish Splash" sentiment all over the canvas.  I sprinkled Waterscape Semi-Transparent glitter on the canvas and was pleased to find that it stuck to the canvas!

I wish I could tell you my experiment was a success...but I can't.  I knew I needed to secure the glitter somehow.  First I tried Workable Fixative.  It kept the glitter from falling off but was not a permanent solution as you could brush the glitter off.  Next I tried Acrylic Sealer Spray and it did not work either.  I ended up brushing off as much glitter as I could and then re-stamping and heat embossing with the Platinum Embossing Powder.

I heat embossed the sentiment across the bottom of the canvas in Black Opaque Embossing Powder and then I reached for my bling!

 Want2Scrap Teardrop Bling looks so cute sprinkled all over this canvas like raindrops!

Check me out on Instagram to see even more of my mixed media mini canvases.  I am playing along with #the100dayproject which has me creating one little bit of art every day!  These 4x4 canvases are a great size for trying out techniques and colors.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!


Want2Scrap Supplies:

Cross-Promotional Partner Supplies:
Other Supplies:  Ultramarine Blue Color Burst, Clear Embossing Ink Pad, 4x4 Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment