After it dried, I lightly spritzed it with water and dripped on 3 different colors of Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals.
I used a wet paint brush to move the Liquid Metals across the surface, blending in some areas until I was happy with the look. I used a heat tool to dry the surface.
I replaced the stencil and lightly inked the raised surfaces with a water based black ink.
So grungy and cool! I trimmed the paper down to a 5.5" square.
I die cut a heart from Deco Foil White Foam Adhesive and adhered it to the front of the card. I crinkled up small pieces of Pewter and Pumpkin Deco Foil Transfer Sheets...
...and created a random pattern of color on the heart by alternating the colors on the adhesive surface.
I really love the texture on the heart from using the crinkled foil.
To finish things off, I used black cord to tie a metal tag onto the front. I accented the heart with 3 tiny rhinestones, added some copper colored brads and mounted it all on a black cardstock base.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie
Materials for the Steampunk Heart Card:
- Rebecca Baer Designs ST-613 Steampunk Clockface stencil, small
- Faber Castell Whipped Spackle
- Ken Oliver Crafts Liquid Metals: Iron Oxide, Copper, Pewter
- Therm O Web Deco Foil White Foam Adhesive
- Therm O Web Deco Foil Transfer Sheets: Pumpkin, Pewter
- Want2Scrap Baby Bling, black rhinestone
- Tim Holtz Ideaology Quote Bands