I taped the small size Marrakech stencil onto watercolor paper and sprinkled it with Violet, Ultramarine Blue and Merlot Color Burst powders. I will tell you that I learned that a tiny bit goes a long way so use it sparingly! I spritzed the area with water and when I removed the stencil I had a beautiful design!
Holding the stencil in my hand I could see it was still very wet and covered with color. Because I know that you never waste perfectly good color, I took the stencil and layed it on top of another piece of watercolor paper. When I lifted it away I saw the most beautiful and delicate design had been transferred onto the paper!
I die cut a small section of the paper then stamped and heat embossed it with a butterfly. I used more of the watercolor to add some blue to the butterfly's wing before mounting it on a textured cardstock base and adding a sentiment with my Dymo label maker!
I liked it so much that I ended up using another section of the print to create a second card in the same design.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie
Materials for Marrakech Butterfly Card:
- Rebecca Baer Designs Marrakech Stencil, small
- Ken Oliver Crafts: Violet, Ultramarine Blue, Merlot Color Bursts
- Skipping Stones Designs - Breathtaking Butterflies stamp set
- Wow Embossing Powder: Primary Ebony Superfine
- Spellbinders Nestabilities- A2 Curved Matting Basics B Card Creator
- Dymo label maker
- Watercolor paper, washi tape