The stencils I used are from Rebecca Baer Designs. I love being on Rebecca's Design Team. Her collage style stencils are absolutely perfect for the mixed media projects I like to create. These are the stencils I used for today's project:
I started by using Mod Podge Matte to randomly apply torn music pages to a 12x12 canvas.
I mixed together Whipped Spackle and Teal acrylic glaze, and laid down a light application through the small sized Entwined Stencil.
I added the band of burlap, twine, a charm and a pair of these wonderful chipboard birdhouses from Want2Scrap. I again pulled out the Mod Podge using it this time to add a couple of birds, on the tag and on the canvas.
If you are interested in seeing any of my other creative endeavors, I invite you to join me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie
Materials for Mixed Media Bird Song Canvas:
- Rebecca Baer Designs Entwined Stencil - Small ST-622
- Rebecca Baer Designs Marrakech Stencil - Small ST-611
- Want2Scrap Birdhouses Chipboard Embellishment Pack
- Faber Castell Whipped Spackle
- DecoArt Paint: Hansa Yellow, Raw Sienna, Medieval Gold Dazzling Metallic
- Plaid Mod Podge Matte
- Plaid Martha Stewart Crafts Decoupage Paper Cut-Outs, Botanical Birds
- Therm O Web Zots Singles, Medium
- BoBunny Clear Stamps - Birds of a Feather
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Dragonfly, Partridge in a Pear Tree
- Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze - Teal Zircon
- Alpha stickers, tiles and stamps
- Burlap, twine, charm, washi tape
- 12x12 canvas
- Manila tag