Monday, July 25, 2016

Monochromatic Layout with Quick Quotes Sketch Challenge

Today I am sharing a layout inspired by the Quick Quotes July Sketch Challenge.  I combined papers from the 3 newest lines from Quick Quotes to create this lovely monochromatic page!

I enjoy working with sketches because they always give you a great starting point.  Sometimes I choose to follow them almost exactly, but you will see that this time I took some liberties with the original design and I love the way my layout turned out!  Here is the sketch provided by the very talented Lynn Shokoples:

I started with Honeycomb 105 as the base for the layout.  The 2 strips creating the upper and lower borders on the sketch were converted on my layout to one strip of green from Urban Oasis 101 with a punched edge.  I also changed the sketch by using a much larger photo than the sketch suggests - this is one of the pictures from my daughter's senior photo shoot!

The title was created with pieces I had left over from the February Club Q kit but don't worry!  The good news is that there are similar elements you can use from the Chiffon Collection: Chiffon 500 and Chiffon Strip.  I cut them out and matted them with the green before mounting them on patterned paper from the Earth Wind and Fire Collection (EWF-109).
Instead of 3 tags, I die cut 3 flowers from wool felt and clustered them next to the photo.  The pearls in the center of each flower and the pearl flourish are both from Want2Scrap.  I used Zots from Therm O Web to adhere the layers of the flowers together and to adhere them to the page.

The sketch challenge closes at 11:55pm PST tonight so you still have today to get your entry in!  You can check out all the details HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies for Monochromatic Graduation Layout:

1 comment: