Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Mixed Media Canvas with PowderPuff Chalking Inks

Today I am sharing a mixed media canvas I created featuring several colors of Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Inks.

I started by stamping and heat embossing the image of a lantern onto a small canvas.  I created the lantern glow with Lemon Sorbet PowderPuff Chalking Ink and then blended in the the night sky using Navy.

I placed a star stencil on top of the canvas, masked off the yellow area, and applied Blue Moon PowderPuff Ink with a pouncing motion.

 The whole canvas had been inspired by this quote that I found in the Sentiments Quote Cards pack.

I cut the words apart and inked the edges with either Navy or Rusty Nail Ink, depending upon where the word or phrase would appear on the canvas.

I inked in some light rays from the lantern with Desert Sun.

This month's challenge is to "Feature Embellishments" and I chose to add Want2Scrap rhinestone bling to my lantern.
Find all the details on this month's Quick Quotes challenge HERE and then enter your project for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate!

Quick Quotes Products Used:

Others: 


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!
 ~ Susie

3 comments:

  1. Susie,
    I really love this and have always wanted to try stamping on a canvas. Can you tell me if this is one of those mini "flat" canvases without the wooden frame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sue! Yes it is actually a flat canvas panel. I will say that I have successfully stamped on stretched canvases, too. I stack books or something underneath the area I want to stamp for support. Good luck and have fun!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete