Friday, October 14, 2016

Baby Card with Quick Quotes

Today I am sharing a sweet baby card featuring  the new Winter Bliss Collection from Quick Quotes!  The collection contains some really cool designs rendered in beautiful shades of pinks, blues, teals and whites.  To create today's card, I selected a few of the papers in pinks and white.

 I also tried out a new technique using one of the Sentiments Quote Cards, which come printed in black on heavy weight white cardstock.  I chose Pink Melon Deco Foil from Therm O Web to coordinate with the card colors...

...and ran the card and the foil through a heat laminator.

When I lifted the foil I was so tickled with the results - all pink and shiny! I will add that it was not a perfect transfer as some of the extremely fine lines did not pick up the pink foil, but it really  is a stunning effect!

I layered up the stripes and arrows papers, inking the edges with Pixie Pink Powderpuff Chalking Ink.  I adhered the sentiment before finishing up with a double scallop element across the card.

You can see a short video clip of the reveal when I lifted off the foil HERE.

Quick Quotes Supplies:

  • Winter Bliss Collection (coming soon) WI100, WI102
  • PowderPuff Chalking Ink - Pixie Pink
  • Sentiments - 3" x 4" Quote Cards
Other supplies: Therm O Web Pink Melon Deco Foil, heat laminator, edge punch, cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! Thanks so much for using our foils with this!!

    ReplyDelete