Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Take Time to be Silly with Quick Quotes and Xyron

One of the best things about hanging with children is that they take the time to be silly!  These pics show my kids raising "being silly" to an art form!

Today I am sharing a pocket page I created by combining products from Quick Quotes with wonderful adhesives from Xyron.

I love pocket pages because it is a fun way to use up my scraps.  Most of my paper for today came from the Honeycomb Collection, which I think has the perfect colors for scrapping my fall pumpkin patch pics. I focused primarily on the oranges and blues.

I used the the Xyron Mega Runner to layer the coordinating scraps of paper, creating mini scrapbook pages in each of the pockets.  The Mega Runner lays down a nice, wide 1/2" of adhesive in a dot pattern.

I used the Xyron 5" Create A Sticker to turn 2 vellum quotes into stickers...

...which I applied to the solid orange paper before die cutting them for placement on the page.

I also used the 5" Create A Sticker to apply adhesive to a thin cork sheet.  It actually didn't stick very well until I ran it through the die cut machine - the added pressure was the charm!  Here you can see I die cut an arrow and then removed the liner - perfect!

Here's a look at the finished pocket:

I inked the edges of each piece of paper and each piece of vellum with PowderPuff Chalking Inks. Here's where I used the 2nd vellum quote:

I decided to fussy cut some small pictures and turn them into stickers, too!

You can see I also added tags and banners that I trimmed out of pages from the Whistlin' Dixie and the Earth Wind and Fire Collection.

A few more detail shots:


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Supplies:

Xyron Products Used:
Other products: Cork, dies, Little B Scarecrow Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment