Friday, November 4, 2016

Believe in Yourself with Quick Quotes and Want2Scrap

Today I am sharing a layout I created for the November Challenge on the Quick Quotes Blog.  I am encouraging you to Tear It Up!

When I first started scrapbooking I had to have everything measured and cut and nice and clean.  I have changed!  One of my favorite ways to add texture is really easy - just tear and layer your paper!  Here is a layout I created with the Farmhouse Collection.


I started by laying the light blue paper on top of the floral print.  Next I tore the top paper in 3 different places, inking the edges with Warm Sand PowderPuff Chalking Ink.

This month we are doing a cross promotion with Want2Scrap.  I took the opportunity to add a little mixed media to my project by applying spackling paste through their small brick stencil.

After the paste dried, I added color to the bricks with Sunset and Warm Sand PowderPuff Chalking Inks.

Want2Scrap also manufactures chipboard quotes. I chose to use one as a title and I wanted to make it 2 different colors.  I masked off the lower half of the quote and painted the top word with gesso.

Next I used Caribbean Blue PowderPuff Chalking Ink to color the word "believe". After it dried, I covered the entire chipboard quote with clear ink and clear embossing powder.

Here are a few close ups of the page:

I folded back the edges of the tear on the top  of the page and added a die cut sticker from the Farmhouse collection.

The tear on the side of the page is more of a peek-a-boo.

I also added a die cut sticker to the tear on the bottom of the page.
I hope you join in the Tear It Up Challenge this month over at the Quick Quotes blog.  There are prizes to be won so be sure to checkout al the details HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Supplies:


Other supplies:  Gesso, spackling paste, embossing ink, embossing powder

 


No comments:

Post a Comment