Thursday, November 17, 2016

Inspiration Week with Quick Quotes and Want2Scrap

This week Quick Quotes and Want2Scrap are teaming up to bring you a little creative inspiration.  The project I am sharing today features the Honeycomb Collection from Quick Quotes and Chipboard Embellishments from Want2Scrap.

I love our family tradition of fall pictures at the pumpkin patch and the colors in the Honeycomb Collection are perfect for scrapping the memories!  I used the orange side of Honeycomb 102 as the base of this gratitude themed layout.  I trimmed down Honeycomb 105 to an 11.5" square, distressing and inking the edges before centering it on the page.  I used some burlap and striped papers to create photo mats for my pictures and added a tag for hidden journaling.
Click on any picture to see a larger image.
This month the Design Team got the chance to add some wonderful products from Want2Scrap to our projects and I love the chipboard quotes!  They are so easy to alter and they make perfect page titles! I received a chipboard quote that reads "The Little Things".  I decided to add color to the word "little" using PowderPuff Chalking Ink.  I used washi tape to mask off the other words before painting it with gesso. If you want to end up with a strong, true color you have to start with a white base.

After it dried, I inked with Sunset PowderPuff Chalking Ink.  I removed the washi tape and used clear embossing ink and embossing powder on the whole chipboard title. I love the 2 tone look!

I used some other Chipboard Embellishments from Want2Scrap on the layout.  Here you can see how much darker and richer the color becomes when you use clear embossing powder on top of the plain chipboard.

The Quick Quotes Challenge this month is "Tear It Up" so you can see several torn pieces of paper on the layout.  I used Warm Sand PowderPuff Chalking Ink on the edges before I layered them onto the page.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope youfind some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Supplies:

Other supplies: tag, embossing ink, clear embossing powder, gesso, decorative tape

No comments:

Post a Comment