Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Under the Mistletoe with Quick Quotes

Today I am sharing a tag I created featuring an origami Christmas tree!  The reds and greens in the Earth, Wind and Fire collection from Quick Quotes are perfect for Christmas designs.  The subtle, delicate patterns look great on both the dress and the tree!
Let's start by creating the dimensional tree!  I cut several squares from green paper patterned paper in the Earth Wind and Fire collection.  The smallest size was 1.75" and I increased the dimensions by 1/4" all the way up to the largest square at 3".  Use your judgement on how many of each size to cut based upon what size tree you want to build.

First, fold the square in half and give it a good crease with your bone folder.
Open the square...
...and fold it on the diagonal.  Again give it a nice crease with the bone folder.
Open the square again, rotate it 90 degrees...
...and fold it on the other diagonal.  Don't forget to crease it!
Open the square back up and collapse in the sides as shown in this picture...
...so that it folds into a flat triangle shape!
Fold the right side of the triangle (top layer only) to the center and crease the fold.
*Tip:  Use the grid lines on your cutting mat to position the triangle and make the fold precise.
Now repeat with the left side, making sure you crease the folds with your bone folder.  Your square should now look like this:
Now repeat the same steps with all of your squares. If the paper doesn't stay folded, feel free to add strips of adhesive in a couple of places.  Once they are all folded, stack the triangles to form a Christmas tree, slipping the tips of each triangle into the folds of the one above it.  I used liquid adhesive to glue the triangles in place.
Here's a look at the back side:
Next I created the paper doll by stamping on Chiffon 105. The dress was stamped on the front and back of paper 105 from the Earth, Wind and Fire collection.
I fussy cut and layered the papers for the dress.
I watered down Antique Linen PowderPuff Chalking Ink on a craft mat and used it to paint the ruffles on the bottom of the dress.  I used Java to paint her hair before I trimmed her out and adhered the dress.
I cut the tag from Chiffon 104 and then stenciled the background using Seafoam, Light Moss, and Antique Linen.  The Christmas stamp is from my stash.
Before I adhered the tree to the tag I brushed Seafoam and Green With Envy Ink along the edges.
I stamped and die cut the "meet me under the mistletoe" sentiment...
...and topped the tree with a metal snowflake brad.
To finish things off I added two black rhinestones to the belt on the dress and some washi tape on the bottom left of the tag.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Chiffon 104, 105
Earth, Wind and Fire 107, 108
PowderPuff Chalking Inks- Antique Linen, Light Moss, Seafoam, Green With Envy


Other supplies:
Julie Nutting Mixed Media Doll Stamp - Jeanne
Want2Scrap Baby Bling
TCW454s Mini Specimens stencil
Spellbinders Fleur Rectangles die
Stamps, ink, embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment