Friday, January 13, 2017

All Aboard with Quick Quotes!

My great-nephew absolutely loves trains and I was tickled to get these pics of him (and his mom) taking a ride at a local amusement park.  I created this layout for Quick Quotes using the Earth Wind Fire Collection.  All aboard!

I started by choosing a very neutral background paper.  For the foreground, I took one sheet of Earth Wind Fire 101 and cut it at about 6.5".  With the red side up, I adhered it across the top of the page.

I took the remaining piece, flipped it over so the patterned side showed, and positioned it on the left side of the page.

I trimmed a banner out of the Cut Apart page and added it to create a strong horizontal line.


Here is a close up so you can see how I folded under the ends of the banner to shorten it and give it some dimension.  I love dimension!

I used Barn Board PowderPuff Chalking Ink and a stencil to add a subtle detail before positioning my photos.

The perfect embellishment for a layout about trains is pretty much anything with gears!  I heat embossed these chipboard pieces from Want2Scrap and mixed in some small metal gears from my stash.   The metallic platinum embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle and the Want2ScrapChrome Drops add just the right amount of shine!

Here is a close up of the embellishment cluster in the bottom left of the layout.  In addition to the gears and Chrome Drops, I added a couple of tickets from the Earth Wind Fire Chipboard Die Cuts.  I used Khaki ink on the tickets and along the outer edge of the entire page.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie

Quick Quote Supplies:
Earth Wind Fire 101, 106, 500
Earth Wind Fire Chipboard Die Cuts
PowderPuff Chalking Inks - Barn Board, Khaki

Other Supplies:
Rebecca Baer Stencil - Steampunk Clockface, small
Want2Scrap Shiny Chrome Drops
Want2Scrap Gear Corners 2 Pack Embellishment
Want2Scrap Gears Chipboard Embellishment
Sparkle N Sprinkle Platinum Embossing Powder
Sizzix Tim Holtz Adventure Thinlits
Metal embellishments

No comments:

Post a Comment