Monday, February 6, 2017

Ski with Happy Hearts!

I am starting off my February sharing a ski layout sprinkled with lots of hearts and love!  I used the Winter Bliss collection from Quick Quotes for my first DesignTeam project this month.

I absolutely love creating these grid layouts!  It is like pocket pages without the pockets - each 4" square is an opportunity to play!
I started with white cardstock and created the grid with 1/8" strips cut from the solid turquoise paper in the collection.  I used different patterns from the collection to create backgrounds in 4 of the squares.

Quick Quotes also sent me some white die cut snowflakes that I actually did not use on this winter page.  Instead, I used the negative space left behind after I punched out the snowflakes! :)  I inked through the home made stencil with Caribbean Blue PowderPuff Chalking Ink.

Here's a different pattern where I varied the intensity of the ink:

I am also playing along with this month's Quick Quotes Challenge: "Hearts, Any Kind of Heart or Hearts".



I encourage you to join in the fun!  You can find all the details HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!
Susie


Quick Quotes Supplies:
Winter Bliss Collection *new* 103, 104, 105
PowderPuff Chalking Ink - Caribbean Blue

Other supplies: 
Kaisercraft - Flourishes Die Cut Wood - Little Words
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Shape Strips Thinlits
Stampin Up - Sunshine Wishes die
Washi tape
Cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment