Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Heartfelt Home with Eileen Hull Designs!

This month the Eileen Hull Design Team are showcasing projects designed with Eileen's new release, the Heartfelt Collection.  To create this home themed layout, I used the House/Pocket Thinlits set and the Heartfelt Cardstock Paper Pad.

Click on any image to see a larger image.

I love working with Eileen's inks because they are very versatile.  For this layout I actually turned the Hydrangea and Leaf Color Box Blends into sprays to create the background.  I carefully removed the plug under the sponge and dipped out some of the ink into a mister/spray bottle. I added some water and swirled it together before spritzing the blue on the top for the sky and the green on the bottom for the grass.


I also used the Hydrangea to stencil some subtle details into the sky.  I tend to be a little rough on my sponges, so I applied the ink onto a craft mat before using a blending tool with the stencil.


I applied the Leaf ink directly from the built in applicator to the torn edge of the this green gingham paper.


I used the House/Pocket die to cut out the parts of the house from the new Hearfelt 6" x 12" Cardstock Paper Pad.  The colors are bright and happy and the patterns are classic!  The little strip of houses was trimmed out of a specialty border page.  You will also find a nice mix of sentiments, cards and pockets that you can trim out to use on your projects.  Here is the assembled house on the page:


You have a choice when you use the house die!  You have the option of including an insert that will punch holes around the edges of the house.  I love to add little details to my projects so I stitched around the edge with pink embroidery floss.


In this detail shot you can see I also inked the edges of the house with Hydrangea.


I added a bit of detail with a black pen.  I punched the heart out of another paper in the pad and then added Diamond Glaze to give it some shine and dimension.


I used Eileen's ink to tint these little wood hearts from my stash.  The color is Tutu - don't you just love that?!


I trimmed out one of the cards and turned it into a tag.  I inked the edges with Hydrangea and tucked it behind the picture to hold my journaling.


Finally, I trimmed out one of the sentiments and added it with dimensional foam tape.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies for Heartfelt Home layout: 


3 comments:

  1. Super cute layout, Susie! Loved the pink stitching and handmade grass and sky. I have some of Eileen's inks but not those colors. Love her new papers you are featuring here, too! Thanks for sharing them. Came over from IG
    Beverly Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Super cute!! You rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very cute! I love how you used the house die! You rocked it!!!!

    ReplyDelete