Monday, March 6, 2017

Plumb Tuckered Out with Quick Quotes

Today I am scrapping and my mixed media layout features PowderPuff Chalking Ink from Quick Quotes and The Crafter's Workshop stencils!  This picture of my boys is one of my all time favorites.  I found them crashed on the playroom floor, snuggled up together amidst their dinosaurs and transformers.  It melts my heart every time I see it so I decided it deserved its very own scrapbook page!

You can click on any photo for a larger image.

I started the layout using PowderPuff Chalking Inks and TCW stencils on one of the lightly patterned papers in the Mulberry Paper Pack (MB100).  The large, striped arrow from Susana's Arrows was inked with Desert Sun.  The small arrow, from the Word Arrows stencil, was inked with Hydrangea. (Ignore the pretty pink flowers - that is just washi tape I used to hold the stencil in place and to mask off areas I didn't want to color!)


Heat embossing is an easy way to add another little bit of texture and dimension to your layouts without adding bulk. After the Hydrangea ink had dried I applied clear embossing ink through the stencil. I quickly removed the stencil, sprinkled on some clear embossing powder, then applied heat to set it. I love the shine!


In the title area I added a Fancy Chipboard Word - Love! I also included a wood chippie and an arrow that I die cut from the blue stripe paper (MB101).


I used another stencil to create the texture in the background: The Story 6x6.  By moving it around the page, flipping and turning and layering the patterns with different inks, I tied the background to the colors in the Mulberry Paper Pack without detracting from the main design element of arrows.

Desert Sun was the perfect color to ink the edge of my yellow photo mat.  I just love the instant depth you get from that one little detail!


I doubled up with a slightly larger blue photo mat behind the yellow and then tucked in a kraft tag for journaling.  I die cut the photo frame from MB101 and added the perfect Quick Quotes Vellum for my photo:  Plumb Tuckered Out!


I am playing along with this month's Quick Quotes Challenge:  Shapes.  My shape is arrows (surprise!) and I was able to incorporate them with stencils, die cuts, and wood chippies!  If you would like to join us (and I know you do!) you can find all the details HERE.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


Tuckered Out Layout Supplies:

Quick Quotes Mulberry Paper Pack 100, 101, 103
Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Inks: Hydrangea, Desert Sun
Quick Quotes Vellum ER Visit XX59
Want2Scrap Fancy Chipboard Word -  Love, small
The Crafters Workshop TCW423 Stencil Susana's Arrows, 12x12
The Crafters Workshop TCW446 Stencil Word Arrows, 6x6
The Crafters Workshop TCW507 Stencil The Story, 6x6
BoBunny Selfie Die
Momenta Love This Die
Other: Clear embossing ink, clear embossing powder, wood chippies, washi tape

No comments:

Post a Comment