Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Adventure Awaits with Quick Quotes and Clear Scraps

I had a wonderful vacation with my husband last year and when I saw the new beach-themed Adventure Awaits Collection from Quick Quotes I knew I was ready to scrap the trip!   I like to have my happiest memories up on the walls so I can see them - they make me smile!

Click on any picture for a larger image.
This month the DT from Quick Quotes is doing a cross promotion with Clear Scraps. When I opened my box from Clear Scraps I was very happy to see this 12x12  Printer Tray Frame...

 

...and this Mini Heart Shaker Frame.

Each of them come with multiple pieces:  (1) chipboard back, (3) chipboard cutouts, and (1) acrylic divider.

I started with the mini shaker frame. Using the heart shape as a pattern I trimmed out a picture of my husband and I and adhered it to the chipboard back.  I used Aqua PowderPuff Chalking Ink on one of the chipboard cutouts, sprinkled on clear embossing powder and applied heat to set.  Once it was assembled I set it aside and worked on the printer tray frame.


I look at each opening as a mini scrapbook page.  I sorted through the Adventure Awaits Collection and chose a variety of patterned papers for the backgrounds.  I trimmed out the pieces I liked and then adhered them to the back of one of the chipboard frame cutouts so that the parts that I wanted showed through the openings.  I used decorative binder clips to attach the frame to the chipboard back and then I just started playing with pictures and embellishments!
Here are close ups of each of the openings:








When I was done I adhered the heart shaped mini frame to the front and hung my vacation printer tray up on the wall!  I still have (2) chipboard cutouts and (1) acrylic divider from each product.  Looks like I have at least one more project in my future!

And now I want to share a little excitement!  For years I have been printing my scrapbooking pictures on my little Canon Selphy and I have loved the quality and convenience. As a member of the Quick Quotes Design Team I recently received a lovely new papercrafting tool - the Canon PIXMA TS6020!  I will be sharing more about this scanner/printer combo in the future but I wanted you to know I used it to print pictures for today's project - from my phone! Without any help from my husband!  Woohoo!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


Quick Quotes Supplies:
Adventure Awaits Paper Pack
PowderPuff Chalking Inks - Clay, Aqua
Canon PIXMA TS6020

Clear Scraps Supplies:
Rectangle/Square Printer Tray Frame
Mini Shaker Heart 

Other supplies:
A Flair for Buttons - On The Road Again 1
American Crafts Binder Clips
Wood Chips - Kaisercraft, Darice
Embossing Powder
Corrugated cardboard

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! You are seriously the queen of printer trays!!

    ReplyDelete