Monday, April 24, 2017

Change Journal with Eileen Hull's Die

This month Eileen Hull's Design Team have been asked to share a project created with her *new* Journal Scoreboard XL die.  It is part of the Heartfelt Collection which was revealed by Sizzix at this year's Creativation show.  I have to tell you folks - I think this die is quickly going to become her best selling die. It is so much fun to play with!
Click on any photo to see a larger image.
There are more than a few improvements I want/need to make in my life.  One of the best ways to do that is to make goals and then track them.  I used Eileen's die to create a "Change is Good" journal because it doesn't hurt to have a beautiful place to record your progress, right?

The centerpiece of the cover is a Julie Nutting Doll. I used the Golden Days Collection from Fancy Pants on the project.
I love that Fancy Pants offers 6"x6" paper pads because the smaller scale patterns are perfect for projects like this!  I paper pieced her skirt, adding dimensional foam dots between the layers.

I wrapped a piece of seam binding around the journal and adhered it to the front cover before I added the doll and the embellishment cluster.  I left an extra tail of about 7" or so on each end so that I had plenty to tie a bow and hold the journal closed.

I also want to share a few pics of the inside.  This is the front of the first signature.  Can you see the tabs running down the right side?  I used Eileen's die to cut them out of patterned paper.

I hand stamped the tabs and added a bit of transparency with washi tape, creating a flip page.

Throughout the journal I  used bits of this washi tape from Jillibean Soup.  I love the sentiments and the bright coral(?) color

I also added pockets and tags.

In addition to the washi I combed through my stash of wood embellishments (yes i am an addict!) and added little bits here and there.

This is the center of the signature.  You can see the embroidery floss that I used to attach  the signatures to Eileen's Journal.  The die cuts those holes for you so you just have to thread your cording through the holes.  Mine is very simple but I have seen samples with some amazing binding stitches!


More pockets and tags...
 

Fancy Pants also has a coordinating stamp set for the Golden Days Collection.  The chevron arrow was one that I used a few times in this project.

You can see that I have given myself all kinds of room for pictures and notes.


I added 2 more signatures to the journal.  Here's a peek at the front covers:
Eileen has a great tutorial for the actual assembly of the journal HERE.  The Design Team have been sharing their projects for the whole month of April and the creations have been amazing so be sure to check out all the inspiration on Eileen's blog!

You can buy your die directly from Eileen's Etsy Shop.  She has several of her products available there so be sure to look around!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies:
Sizzix® Eileen Hull® Scoreboards™ XL JournalDie
Sizzix® Little Sizzles™ Mat Board Pack
Therm O Web iCraft® Easy-Cut Adhesive
Therm O Web iCraft® SuperTape – ¼”
Prima® Marketing Julie Nutting Cling Stamps - Annie
Fancy Pants Designs - Golden Days Collection
Jillibean Soup™ Mini Alpha Navy Blueberry
Jillibean Soup™ Washi – These Moments
Recollections™ Washi Tape
Hampton Art Studio G Alphabet Stamp set
Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Ink – Clay
Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black
Seam Binding
Wood Embellishments
Manila tags
Embroidery Floss
Dimensional foam tape
Kraft paper doily

2 comments:

  1. Wow Susie- you have packed a lot of cool techniques in here- and the doll's skirt on the front? WOW! I love the purpose of your journal and think we all need to embrace the sentiment... maybe tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Love this book! Great pages too, love how you added the embellies!!

    ReplyDelete