Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Heartfelt Cards with Kunin Felt

This month Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team is partnering with Kunin Felt!  I combined dies from Eileen's new Sizzix release - the Heartfelt Collection - with felt and created a couple of cards to share.

Click on any picture for a larger image.

The first is an all-occasion card.


I started by embossing a piece of  olive felt using Eileen's Starlight Embossing Folder and then adhered it to a kraft card.

I used the small 4 petal die from Eileen's Stitchy Flowers and Leaf set to cut about a dozen flowers out of violet felt.  I die cut Eileen's Basket from kraft cardboard...


...and then used the Basket Weave Embossing Folder to add texture. I inked the basket die cut with Nutmeg and then added it to the front of the card.

I used the roof die from Eileen's House/Pocket set to cut a little detail piece that I added in the upper left corner of the card.


I sewed tiny gold beads into the center of the flowers and then  added them to the front of the card.  The sentiment was hand stamped and adhered with dimensional foam.


I actually created the front of the next card with violet felt!

One of the dies in the Stitchy Flowers and Leaf set is a stamen.  I realized it would make a wonderful dandelion by layering at least 2 die cuts from white felt.  

This flower is very delicate so I used the Precision Base Plate.  Once it was cut, I peeled away the outside and then carefully released the felt from the plate with a straight pin.

To create the card base I cut a piece of kraft cardstock 5.5" tall and 5.75" wide.  I scored it at 1.5" and then used the leafy embossing folder from the Stitched with Love set on the small flap I created.  I highlighted the design with Nutmeg ink.

I used Eileen's Starlight Embossing Folder on the violet felt before I glued the dandelion in place and attached it to the front of the card with double-sided SuperTape.

I used Eileen's Leaf ink to paint the embossed leaves and inked the edges.

A hand stamped sentiment finished it off - super easy!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies for Heartlfelt Cards:

Sizzix Eileen Hull Stitchy Flowers and Leaf Thinlits Die Set
Sizzix Eileen Hull House/Pocket Stitchlits Set
Sizzix Eileen Hull Scoreboards L Die - Basket
Sizzix Eileen Hull Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Starlight
Sizzix Eileen Hull Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Basket Weave
Sizzix Eileen Hull Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Stitched With Love Set
Sizzix Precision Base Plate for Intricate Thinlits Dies
Eileen Hull ColorBox Blends - Nutmeg, Leaf
Kunin Felt - White, Olive, Violet
Therm O Web iCraft Supertape, 1/4" 
Therm O Web 3D White Foam Square, 1/4"
Alpha Stamps, brads, beads

2 comments:

  1. These cards are so clever Susie! Love them both- and am even starting to like purple :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the felt and Eileen's dies Susie! How clever to emboss the felt - it creates such added dimension!

    ReplyDelete