Friday, May 5, 2017

Mother's Day Mini Album with Quick Quotes

My favorite things to create are gifts that are both pretty and practical. I found a quote on the  Windsong Quotes and Phrases sheet from Quick Quotes and it inspired me to create a little mini album:

  "Enjoy the little moments, for they will remain in your heart when the seasons pass."

This compact little album is a place to write down little stories and moments that make you smile.  Little things that happen in your day to day activities.  I know I had so many of them that I thought I could never forget...and now I wish I had written them down!

Click on any image to see a larger picture.

I started by adhering a piece of Windsong 102 to a piece of mat board and then die cutting the mini album using the Passport Book die from Sizzix.


Next I took the piece that becomes the spine of the book and colored it with Light Moss PowderPuff Chalking Ink.  I used clear embossing powder on top and then heat set it.


I assembled the book using double sided tape...

...inking the front and back cover on the inside and outside with more Light Moss before I attached them to the spine.


The Julie Nutting doll on the front cover was stamped on Windsong 103 and trimmed out.  I colored her hair with Warm Gray and her dress with Light Moss.  I simply depressed the pads of ink on my craft mat, added a bit of water, and painted the colors onto the paper doll.  I added polka dots on her sleeves by pressing the end of the paintbrush into the ink pad and then onto the  dress.


On the inside of the album I added 3 signatures of about 6 pages each.  The covers were cut from other papers in the Windsong Paper Pack.  The round elements were trimmed out of the Quotes and Phrases Sheet and turned into tabs for each signature - and yes I did ink around the edges before I glued them in place!


I finished up the front cover by matting the Quote with black cardstock and adhering it with dimensional tape.  The camera and metal embellishment are from my stash.


The finishing touch was sewing each of the signatures into the album with a natural cord and beads from my stash.

I think this is a lovely place for a mother to jot down the silly little moments she never wants to forget!  The monthly challenge over on the Quick Quotes blog this month is Mothers and/or Mother's Day.  There are great prizes to be won so check out the details HERE and then join in the fun!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Windsong Collection - 12"x12" Quotes and Phrases
Windsong Paper Pack
Powderpuff Chalking Ink - Light Moss, Warm Gray

Other Supplies:
Sizzix Passport Book XL Die by Eileen Hull
Prima Marketing Julie Nutting Mixed Media Doll Stamp, Jeanne
Maya Road Camera Transparency
All My Memories metal embellishment
Natural twine
Beads
Brads
Clear embossing powder

4 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! I love the look of the beads on the cording ~ what a gorgeous touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a book! Love how you used beads on the spine... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Susie, specially love how you did the spine! I think I need to make one of those for grandparent moments lol, - a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete