Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Dream Big with Eileen Hull and Stampotique

Hello and welcome!  This month the Eileen Hull Inspiration Team had the chance to play with some stamps from Stampotique.  I decided to create a mixed media mini album using Eileen's Passport Die Book as the base.  The theme:  Dreams!


I started by die cutting mat board and coating both sides with gesso. I used Archival Ink to stamp the Stitched Houses on one of the signature covers. and then started to play with watercolors.


Did you know that Eileen Hull has a line of ink pads with ColorBox?  I used Bay for the aqua color on this house.  I just mixed it on my craft mat with a little bit of water and painted away! I used the same color as a unifying element throughout the mini album.

When all the painting was done I add a sentiment by stamping with Dream Text.


I cut some pages, assembled the signature and started putting the mini album together.


I created 2 more signature covers. In the picture below the right page features the stamps Courting and Grow Your Dreams.  On the left page I created some texture by stamping with the Oodles of Doodles stamp and heat embossing before playing with watercolor.


I used the Dream Catcher stamp on the cover of the mini album and on the front of this signature.
.

I used a natural twine to tie the signatures into the album and finished it off with a piece of flair!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies for Dream Mini Album:
Sizzix/Eileen Hull Passport Book Die
Clearsnap ColorBox Blends by Eileen Hull - Bay, Golden
Sizzix Little Sizzles, 6"x13" Mat Board 

Stampotique Stamps:
Dream Catcher
Grow Your Dreams
Dream Text
Oodles of Doodles
Courting
Stitched Houses

Other:
A Flair for Buttons - Inspirational Words 5
Prima Marketing Watercolor Confections: Decadent Pies
Red Lead Stencils
FaberCastell Whipped Spackle
Ranger Archival Ink
Gesso, twine, embossing powder

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely book Susie! I just love those feathers and how you've colored them - and the sentiments go wonderfully with your images - the houses are so colorful! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, your album is fabulous! I just adore those beautiful little houses and the way you 'wrapped' them around your signature - and the sentiment is beautiful! The dream catcher is just perfect on the cover. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie!! I love this.. the button on the side to match the front... love love love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie I just love your beautiful album. The colors are beautiful and that dream catcher on the front.....love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously love this book, especially as you showed what you did with the inside! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete