Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Masculine Challenge at Quick Quotes

This month's Friday Challenge over at Quick Quotes is to create a card or project with a masculine theme and I decided to play along!  I love my Julie Nutting Doll stamps - especially the boys - so choosing a focal image was a no brainer!

Click on any picture to see a larger image.

I started by stamping the image on paper from the Windsong Collection, WS103.


Next I pulled out the Urban Oasis Collection and re-stamped the image on a couple of different patterns.  I trimmed out the bits and pieces of his clothing and assembled them on top of the doll.  This technique is called paper piecing.


I used PowderPuff Chalking Inks to add color to his hair and sleeves.  I stamped onto my craft mat, spritzed a little water and then used a paintbrush to add the color.


I also used the Light Moss to stamp a little subtle texture onto the patterned paper.


I mounted the doll with dimensional foam and added the chipboard word, Dream, from Want2Scrap.


I created a small embellishment cluster using a Chipboard Die Cut tag from the Whistlin' Dixie Collection, wood chippie binoculars and a cute little flair button with a compass!

 

You still have plenty of time to play along with the Quick Quotes Masculine Card or Project Challenge!  You can find all the details HERE.

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Urban Oasis 101, 104
Windsong Paper Pack
Whistlin' Dixie Chipboard Die Cuts
PowderPuff Chalking Inks:  Clay, Light Moss

Other Products:
Want2Scrap Fancy Chipboard Word, Dream - small
Prima Marketing Julie Nutting Mixed Media Doll Stamp - Skyler
A Flair for Buttons - On the Road Again 1
Kaisercraft - Flourishes, Gentleman

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment