Thursday, June 1, 2017

Stretch Your Scrapbooking Supplies with Quick Quotes!

Happy Thursday!  Today I am sharing a little idea to help you stretch your scrapbook paper!

But first I want to talk pictures!  If you are like me, you have stacks of photos that are pre-digital camera.  I have 3 kids and I want to share all of our family pictures with each one of them.  The answer of course is to scan them to my computer.  As part of the Quick Quotes Design Team I recently received a Canon Pixma TS6020 scanner and printer combination.  For this layout, I scanned in a photo from a 2004 trip we took to Niagara Falls.


The Image Garden software that came with the printer has tons of creative options so I decided to play a little bit.  I used the Collage function to add a simple white frame and the date before I sent it to print.  It was fast and easy!


So, are you ready for a simple tip on how to stretch your scrapbook paper?

Use stamps and inks to create custom backgrounds on solid cardstock!


I had just a couple of paper pieces left over from the Earth Wind Fire Collection from Quick Quotes. The colors were a great match for the blues and greens of my lakefront picture but there just was not a lot to work with - just scraps!  Fortunately, Quick Quotes has a wide selection of PowderPuff Chalking Inks that coordinate with their paper collections.


I used Bora Bora ink and then I emphasized the outdoor theme by choosing a background stamp with lots of trees.


In addition to creating the background, I also stamped the location of the photo along the edge.


Take advantage of all of those coordinating PowderPuff Chalking Inks to stretch your scrapbooking supplies!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Earth Wind Fire Collection - 109, 111, 500, Chipboard Die Cuts
PowderPuff Chalking Ink - Bora Bora
Scanner/Printer: Canon Pixma TS6020

Other Supplies: stamps, manila tag

1 comment:

  1. What a great post Susie! Love that photo scanner - and your great ideas for stamping background papers! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete