Sunday, July 30, 2017

DIY with Eileen Hull's Stitchy Flowers

Summertime means time at the beach and time at the beach means a hat!  If you are going to wear a hat, make sure it is cute!  I used Eileen Hull's Stitchy Flowers and Leaf Thinlits die set to give my favorite beach hat a little pizazz!


I pulled out my Big Shot and grabbed some Kunin Felt from my stash .  I used the Precision Base Plate for clean, sharp cuts.

This flower is particularly delicate.  After it was die cut I peeled the felt away from the outside of the flower.  I used a straight pin to carefully release the flower from the cutting plate.


After the flowers were all cut I stacked them and stitched them in place. Easy Peasy!


Many thanks to my wonderful model - Eileen Hull!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies:
Sizzix Eileen Hull Stitchy Flowers and Leaf Die Set
Sizzix Big Shot
Sizzix Precision Plate
Kunin Felt White, Olive, Lagoon, Peacock

2 comments:

  1. haha it scared me seeing my big old head :-) Love your floral beach hat that rolls up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Susie!! Turned out adorable!

    ReplyDelete